Cost-effective microbubbles to support your research.
Introduction to Microbubbles
- VesselVue® is a microbubble contrast agent.
- Microbubbles are created by agitating or sonicating a lipid mixture in the presence of a gas.
- This results in a distribution of lipid encapsulated micron-scale gas bubbles that can be used as a contrast agent for research studies.
- These microbubbles are non-toxic, with each bubble being smaller than a red blood cell they can systemically circulate and are cleared from the body in minutes.
Example use cases
- VesselVue® can be used to evaluate microvascular networks in organs or tumors.
- As blood supply changes over time, parameters can be quantified to assess disease progression or response to therapy.
- The following images from murine tissue were acquired on the Vega® imaging platform, however VesselVue® works with any ultrasound system with a microbubble-imaging mode
Multiple formulations to suit your application
- The P-formulation (polydisperse) has a
- wider size distribution
- smaller mean diameter
- This formulation is a great all-around vascular imaging contrast agent for Acoustic Angiography and general imaging applications.
- The S-formulation (size selected) has a
- narrower size distribution
- larger mean diameter
- Formulations at 3-4 um, 4-5 um, 5-8 um are all available.
- These formulations can provide improved signal sensitivity for specific applications such as molecular imaging.