SonoVol’s platform makes it easy to image radiation induced changes to tissue.
Our benchtop platform can be deployed next to your irradiator.
- Get imaging data in near real-time, before and after irradiation timepoints.
- Fully integrated anesthesia system can be combined with your lab’s existing isoflurane delivery approach, or as standalone solution.
Quantify tumor size non-invasively with excellent soft tissue contrast
- Biology doesn’t happen in two dimensions – SonoVol imaging technology enables true volumetric tumor measurements not possible with calipers.
- Visualize tumors in the context of the broader anatomy with wide-field imaging not possible with conventional hand-held ultrasound
- No geometrical assumptions + excellent soft tissue contrast = more accurate measurements and smaller error bars.
- Evaluate both orthotopic and subcutaneous models.
- Instantiate new models using image-guided injection
Visualize radiation induced microvascular changes over time
Image demonstrating 3D Acoustic Angiography
(tumor indicated in blue)
Tumors imaged over time with Acoustic Angiography
Czernuszewicz, T.J. et al 2018. A new preclinical ultrasound platform for widefield 3D imaging of rodents. Review of Scientific Instruments, 89(7), p.075107. (Pubmed link)
- Microvasculature and angiogenic changes can reveal response to therapy sooner than tumor size.
- Using SonoVol’s Acoustic Angiography imaging module, tumor blood vessel network morphology (BVM) and vessel density (BVD) can be evaluated.