SonoVol’s in vivo imaging tools let you study tumor biology and response to therapy over time.
Image the soft tissue of tumors with unparalleled clarity
- Biology doesn’t happen in two dimensions – SonoVol imaging technology enables true volumetric tumor measurements not possible with calipers.
- Visualize tumors in the context of the broader anatomy with wide-field imaging not possible with conventional hand-held ultrasound
- No geometrical assumptions + excellent soft tissue contrast = more accurate measurements and smaller error bars.
- Evaluate both orthotopic and subcutaneous models.
- Instantiate new models using image-guided injection
Study primary and metastatic tumors with bioluminescence imaging (BLI)
Visualize the microvascular network supplying a tumor in minutes
Image demonstrating 3D Acoustic Angiography
(tumor indicated in blue)
Tumors imaged over time with Acoustic Angiography
Czernuszewicz, T.J. et al 2018. A new preclinical ultrasound platform for widefield 3D imaging of rodents. Review of Scientific Instruments, 89(7), p.075107. (Pubmed link)
- Microvasculature and angiogenic changes can reveal response to therapy sooner than tumor size.
- Using SonoVol’s Acoustic Angiography imaging module, tumor blood vessel network morphology (BVM) and vessel density (BVD) can be evaluated.
Analysis of drug toxicity
Heart detected automatically
- Cancer therapeutics can induce off-target effects, including cardiotoxicity.
- Measure left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) and fractional shortening (FS) to evaluate toxicity of candidate drugs.
- Tumor and cardiac measurements can be performed during the same imaging session without moving the mouse.
- Never question your cardiac data integrity again with SonoVol’s automated M-mode positioning!
- Coming soon: non-ECG gated 4D cardiac imaging!
- CT data from figure above adapted from open source DigiMouse atlas.
- Dogdas, B., et al. (2007). Digimouse: a 3D whole body mouse atlas from CT and cryosection data. Physics in medicine and biology, 52(3), 577-87. (Pubmed Link)