Rapid evaluation the liver in 2D or 3D has
NASH CDAHFD model taken at 1 and 8 weeks showing increased liver volume, grayscale value for steatosis and shear modulus for fibrosis and inflammation. Data correlate with histology. SWE = Shear Wave Elasticity, CT = Control, CDA = Choline-deficient
Robotic data collection enables liver assessment without a trained sonographer
Shear wave elastography can be used to explore tissue stiffness
- As fibrosis progresses, tissue stiffness is known to increase.
- Shear wave elastography allows tissue stiffness to be measured noninvasively.
- Explore changes in liver disease over time in response to injury/therapy..
- Measure functional information about the liver in a consistent and reproducible manner.
- Investigate multiple diseases including: NASH, liver fibrosis, NAFLD
Murine model of NASH (choline-deficient, high-fat diet)
- The entire liver can be scanned with SonoVol’s increased field of view.
- High resolution data in both tissue and vascular modes allows fat deposits, tumors, and fibrosis to be evaluated non-invasively and quantitatively.
- Liver Imaging provides rapid assessment of steatosis in 3D.